Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something BLUE…
Imagine being at your reception on the dance floor surrounded by friends and family. The music is about to start. Are you ready? You will be!
That is why couples who want to give a polished and graceful performance on their big day are increasingly taking dance lessons to prepare for what may be the performance of their lifetime. Hey – let’s face it. Nobody wants to watch a couple wobble for two minutes.
If you are planning to get married, here are a few tips from the experts at the BlueBallRoom on learning to dance in preparation for your wedding:
- Don’t wait until the last minute. Remember that your schedule will get very hectic as your wedding day approaches. We recommend starting three to four months earlier to allow time for practice, especially if you are a newcomer to dancing.
- Remember that dance lessons can actually be a stress reliever. Dancing is good exercise. And lessons pull you out of the hustle and bustle of the day to spend an hour or so with your intended, having fun and working together productively at the same time.
- Besides the Waltz and other traditional dances, the Salsa, Swing, Tango and even the Hustle are all popular at weddings today.
- It’s OK if you haven’t chosen a song. On your very first lesson we will introduce you to the main dances most couples use. We can help make suggestions depending on which dance you like and do the best.
- Don’t try to teach your fiancee. You’ll both have a lot more fun dancing if you let your instructor do the teaching.
- Practice in the right shoes. Wear shoes to your lessons that are similar to the ones you’ll be wearing on the big day.
- If you plan to dance to a special song at your reception, bring a recording (on iPod or CD) to your dance lessons so you can work on it with your instructor.
Learning to dance for your wedding is a special gift that you and your fiancé will cherish forever.
Wedding Package Sampler:
For the reduced price of $209 you’ll receive:
- 2 Private Dance Lessons
- 2 Floor-Time Practice Sessions and
- 4 New Student Group Lessons.
Or to purchase as a Gift for a couple planning their wedding – CLICK HERE
Other options – for those with a short timeline or little dance experience, include two discounted Private Lesson (only) packages.
True Blue – gives your Five Private Lessons – Tuition of $396 Enroll Here or Gift This Package
Baby Blue – gives you Three Private Lessons – Tuition of $259 Enroll Here or Gift This Package
We can also customize a program of Semi-Private Classes for you and the entire wedding party, including Mom and Dad.
A Few Last Words of Advice:
Here are some good things to know before your first lesson…
1. What kind of music will you have at the wedding?
2. Will a band or DJ play your first song?
3. Will you have Mother/Son, Father/Daughter or bridal party dances?
4. Will your honeymoon have dancing? (Latin/Tropical getaway, Cruise, etc.)
5. What is the size and layout of the dance floor at your reception?
6. How many other weddings will you attend this year?